Located 8 kilometers south of Virac and a 15-minute drive from the capital town is Barangay Sto. Cristo, formerly a sister sitio of Sto. Domingo. The Sto. Cristo was derived from the statue of Jesus Christ brought by the early settler’s way back for 1926. Old story tells that a group of settlers was having a drink and they were talking about making their own church in their place then decided to call the place Santo Cristo. The early inhabitants depended mostly their livelihood in farming. They planted various root crops and also raised domestic animals such as native pigs, chicken, carabaos and goats.
The Barangay has a total land area of 269.22 hectares or two million six hundred ninety two thousand and two hundred square meters (2,692).